Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yummy Stuff

I am very fond of the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. I always find things in there that I LOVE to make. Tonight we were going to the "O" family's house to watch American Idol. First of all, can I say that I cannot believe that Amanda went home tonight! That is just wrong! Anyway, I thought I would make some treats to take over there. I love to bake, but I have to do it when I can take it somewhere and not have it around! I have a pan that I got from William and Sanoma that makes twinkies! So, I made them chocolate, and I filled them with cream (I piped it in the bottom with a large round piping tip). The cream is from Blythe's Ho-Ho Cake recepie from a Gooseberry book. I think it really tastes like the cream in twinkies. So here it is:

3/4 c. milk
2-1/2 T. Flour
3/4 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
Combine milk and flour in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened; set aside. Blend butter for 4 minutes with a hand mixer; (I used my Kitchen Aide) add sugar and blend 4 minutes. Stir in milk mixture and vanilla; blend additonal 4 minutes.

It is not hard but tastes like it was very difficult! Yummy!

No comments: