Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Secrets

I was the one who stayed home with the sick boy today. He has now been on the antibiotic for 24 hours. I see no difference. He is still hacking all day long. The poor boy. He just cannot stop coughing. He also has a bright red moustache right under his nose. He blows his nose constantly. I don't know if he will be going to school tomorrow or not. I never know what to do in these situations! Any advice? I would welcome it!

So, today I baked. My Young Author's Tea in my classroom is Thursday, so I baked things for it. I made muffins and brownies. I also made banana bread for Emma. She loves it. And, finally, for my boy and for scouts tonight, I made chocolate chip cookies. My friend Peter always made the best chocolate chip cookies ever, so I got his recipe. Here are the secrets.

1. Mix by hand.
2. Melt the butter until it is just soft.
3. Beat the eggs.
4. Put the baking soda in an equal amount of warm water and mix before adding it in.

They always turn out wonderfully!

No comments: