Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snow Ice Cream



Since my poor boy cannot go outside in the snow, I thought I would bring some snow inside to him. "Back in the day" my friend Peter and I used to make snow ice cream every time we had a big snow. Our recipe had raw eggs in it. Today you can't do that, so I went in search for a recipe where the eggs were cooked. I found this one and it was great! It brought back a flood of memories! Yumm-O! Give it a try. Let me know what you think! Do it quick while the snow is new and clean!


1/2 c. milk

14 oz. can sweet. cond. milk

3 lg. eggs

1/4 tsp. salt

1 c. sugar

1 Tbsp. vanilla

2 gallons snow or so


Mix all indredients and bring to a boil over medium heat. Put in the fridge to cool to room temp. Poor over snow a bit at a time so it does not get all runny.

1 comment:

Rev. Richard A. Heinz said...

It was "de-lish!" as Rachael ray would say!

Great idea, Honey!