Sunday, January 13, 2008

Want Some?


They call this a start for Amish Friendship bread. I believe they call it this because after you have mushed it and fed it for 10 days it becomes your friend! If you have never heard of it, here is how it works: You get a start from a friend. For several days you give it a squeeze a day. On the fifth day you feed it with sugar and milk and stuff, then for a few more days you squeeze. On the last day you feed it more goodies, divide it into baggies to share with others or keep for yourself, and then you use a portion to bake some yummy bread. They really gave it that name because you share a "start" of it with friends after you have taken some out to bake so that they can bake some great bread too. It is really WONDERFUL bread. I often freeze it for when company comes. It is work though...trying not to forget to mush it, or finding friends who want a start of it. Do you want some? Let me know! I will be ready to share on Friday!

3 comments:

Angie said...

HMMMM...bread? Yeah! Count me in. And what do you know I'll be seeing you on Friday! Oh wait no I won't....I thought you were going to be gone on Friday??

See ya in a bit....

Rebekah said...

Yummmmm...I'm practically drooling. We'd love some and can't help wondering if you deliver!

Jessica said...

I'll take some if you have any left. :-)