I informed my school board last night that I will not be returning to teach next year. This is something that Rich and I have discussing and have been praying about for quite some time. It has been a difficult decision, but I do believe that God is leading us in this direction. Not that it is necessary to share reasons, but here are some anyway:
1. It will give me the time to really give attention to my health
2. It will give me the time to be the Pastor's wife I really want to be
3. I will have more time for the study of God's word.
4. Ben won't have both his mom and dad around every corner at school
5. Rich and I will not be working at the same place every day (has both positives and negatives)
6. I will get out and travel off of St. John's Church Road more often. (it is a lovely road, but it will be nice to leave it from time to time.)
7. I can dive into the bead business a bit more
And so on, and so on......
I told the board that I would still be very interested in teaching music and possibly aiding in some way. I also offered the possibility of doing some public relations work. I don't want to work more than two days a week though. I will also take on some piano students again.
Anyway, I thought I would share with all of you. I am very excited and a bit scared. I hope things will work out financially. We will see how it goes. I know the Lord will provide. Keep us in your prayers along with the school. I pray they will receive a called teacher.