Thursday, February 7, 2008

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair warning, this is a venting post....if you are not in the mood to hear me vent I won't be offended if you sign out right now!

Tomorrow I leave for the Indiana District's Pastor's Wives Conference. I LOVE this conference and am usually thrilled. I am leading a session on jewlery making. Everyone will be making a bracelet that is based on the 23rd Psalm. They will also get to design a bracelet that will be given to Pat Nuffer to take with her to the Sudan for the people in "Hands of Mercy" to sell on the market.

So, I needed some supplies that I thought I had enough of. I placed an order on Monday. Okay, Rich placed the order for me, thanks hunny, but that is beside the point. We paid a nice hefty amount to get it delivered in three todays.....today. I come home to dig into my package and finish getting things ready for tomorrow, and there is no package! What?!?!?!?! I then go online to check the tracking. Yesterday it was in Lousiville, 20 minutes away! Today it went to Indianapolis, why???? The delivery date says: Rescheduled for 2-8-08. Yep, that is tomorrow....our UPS comes at 4ish.....I am leaving at 1:00. I called the company I ordered it from. They offer to deal with UPS for me and find out what the problem was. They say that I should get my shipping money back. $20.00. However, this does not give me the items in time for the conference, AND they also said that there are some reasons in which UPS does not have to refund for. I am guessing that they will use the weather as the reason and I will not get that money back. We DID have terrible weather here. MANY tornados were around the other night. What I don't understand is why it was close to me and then they shipped it out to Indy. Does that make sense? If they are having problems with the weather would it make it easier for them to send my package FARTHER away? UGH! I am cranky!

Thanks so much for listening to me grumble. I am thankful to Rings and Things for handleing UPS for me. That was nice. Now I don't have to feel all bad because I was not so kind on the phone!

Pray that I have creative inspiration on how to solve this small little mess. It won't be too difficult. The problem is, I can get most of the things that I need, but it will cost me more money. I ALREADY purchased these items, and they will be here tomorrow evening. I also bought them at a MUCH cheaper price than I am ever going to find them around here.

Okay, I will stop for now before this gets any worse.

Thanks for letting me vent!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Awe. I hate when that happens. Try calling them, I called UPS one time and they contacted the driver and he came earlier than usual. Doesn't hurt to try. But if worse comes to worse, you are THE craftiest person I know, if anyone can make this work it is you.

By the way my boys had a blast today. I know they are going to be asking to do this more often! Thanks so much for letting him come over for a while.

Have a great weekend! Can't wait to read your updates (hint hint).

Kristi Heinz said...

Thanks for the words of comfort. Hopefully it will all work out. I decided I don't have the energy to stress about it.

Ben had a great time. Thanks for having him. I am sorry that I didn't come along to hear the piano. I was still working at school until six. Tell Dominik I am sorry. I know he is working hard and I am proud of him!

I don't know if I will update before Sunday. I will try, just for you.

Enjoy the day with my class....thanks for taking such good care of them!