Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Zucchini Blues

My zucchini plants are beautiful! There are five large plants. They look so healthy! They have a million blooms on them. Okay, maybe about 12 per plant. Here is the problem, the blooms grow, open, and fall off. There is no fruit behind the blooms. I read that I might only have male blooms. Where are the girls? Or, that I might have a pollination problem. So, why are bees always around when you don't want them there or never around when you do? I am so confused! I just want some zucchini! Has anyone ever had this happen? Do I just need to be more patient? Help me out here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe that that is so weird. I have never heard of such a thing. I hope that in one of the blooms you get at least some zucchini. Fried Zucchini sounds so good right now.

Karie

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that it was really werid that you did not get any Zucchini at of a how bunch of blooms but now that I think about I have tomato plants do that before people told me that it was because it rained to much but I do not know. Fried ZUcchini does sound good right now.

karie