Monday, July 28, 2008

First Day of School


Today is Ben's first day of 6th grade! This is hard to believe! For all of you it may be hard to believe that we are starting school already. We are on a wonderful calendar at St. John's! They call it a balanced calendar. We start now, but we get two weeks off in October, almost three weeks off at Christmas, and two weeks off in March. It is really nice. The only drawback is starting school in JULY! I find it hard to believe that my boy is already in sixth grade! It just doesn't seem possible. He is growing so very fast. He is very proud of his messenger style backpack. I guess they are the thing this year.


Not only does it feel odd that Ben is already in sixth grade, but it also feels odd to be sitting here typing this while he is at school. This is the first year since kindergarten that he has went off to school without me! I am not teaching. It actually feels great! I am excited. This morning is a bit strange, but all in all it is a good feeling. I am hoping to concentrate on my jewelry business and make that my occupation. I would appreciate all of your prayers as I embark upon this new chapter in my life! In honor of my first day as a free woman, I am posting some new jewelry in my shoebox! Check it out. I have to do some editing first, so give me a few hours!


Happy first day of school to all of you hitting the books today!

3 comments:

Katzback2350 said...

WOW! How grown up Ben looks!!! It seems like just yesterday he was in second grade...

Enjoy your time home - no matter what you do. And BTW, LOVE your cha-cha bracelets!!!!!!!! ;-D

Jessica said...

I love the new jewelery!! Also, tell Ben that we like his new bag. Very cool. :-) I'm so excited for you as you start this new journey with your business.

Susie Buetow said...

Ben is so cute! (I mean handsome)