Saturday, May 17, 2008

Strawberries

Strawberries were really cheap at the Jay C Store this past week. Rich had brought some home, and they were REALLY good! So, I went back and bought 12 more containers. This morning I made freezer jam. Now I need to make some homemade bread or biscuits! I also flash froze some of them. I am looking forward to dropping them into a glass of water as ice cubes. Yummy! Or, having a nice shortcake in the middle of the winter.

I also made some homemade granola from the recipe that "Wendy and Her Lost Boys" posted on her blog. That, with the fresh berries was indeed wonderful! My friend Angie said the granola was also good on top of some vanilla ice cream. I am going to have to try that. The granola was so much cheaper than the expensive cereal that you would buy like it in the store. I am addicted!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Yum! I was thinking about taking the boys to pick some strawberries one day. I also need to go and find that granola recipe....that was soooo good!

Well I got to jump off I have a meeting I have to get to;) Talk to you later.

Angie

Angie said...

Wow..my computer must not be working it hasn't showed me any new updates from your site in days. I wonder if my refresh button is broken...no wait....KRISTI NEEDS TO UPDATE HER SITE!!!!

Just a loving reminder incase you forgot:)

Kristi Heinz said...

See, there you go. That is the pressure I was talking about a few posts ago!