Monday, January 12, 2009

Holiday Catch Up Part II





































After arriving home from Disney we were flung quickly into the official Christmas season. On Christmas Eve my mom had us all over for brunch. It was so yummy. We opened our presents and everyone was thrilled with what they got! We then went home to prepare for Christmas Eve services. Ben played the trumpet with his friend Tim at Lessons and Carols. Rich and I sang with the choir. Ben, Rick, and I also sang a song together during the offering. I was so thrilled to be able to do this as a family. Following the service we had the Oberdieck family, the Smith family, and our families over to our house for yummy appetizers. We even sprinkled reindeer food on our lawn to encourage Rudolph to stop at our house. He even think we saw he flying in. (Gotta love the red lights of the air strip!)
I awoke Christmas morning feeling less than healthy. Ben went to church with dad and played the trumpet with Tim again. My mom headed to Centralia with my brother. The three of us spent the day hanging at home watching the Disney Christmas Parade. I made turkey, mashed potatoes and such for a nice dinner at home with a fire. We also watched my favorite "Little Women".

On Friday I had to work at Ozzies. I felt so awful. My boss finally sent me home. She told me to go home and take care of myself. So I did. By Sunday morning I was at the Urgent Care. They told me I had Bronchitis and a Sinus Infection. We were supposed to leave for Peoria when Rich got out of church. We loaded up the van and headed on our way, but on the way there I became quite ill. The meds. that they gave me were not working well together. I was in the bathroom for several hours, and finally went to bed and slept the rest of the day.

On Monday we did leave for Peoria. I slept on the way there. I laid low while we were there. It was nice to be there together with family. We open our gifts and had a nice ham dinner. It was a nice trip. We enjoyed going to see "Bedtime Stories" as a family. Other than that we just relaxed and enjoyed being together.
Upon our arrival home Rich started with a sinus infection, and Ben is wrapping up the season with a sinus infection also. Hopefully we will get it all out of the way and the rest of 2009 will be happy and healthy!

No comments: