Thursday, October 30, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy


The church workers conference went really well. We had a wonderful time. Our room was just beautiful! I never wanted to leave it! I would have liked to have heard some of the speakers, but I was at my booth. I did get to enjoy the divine service though. It was very nice. They included liturgy, which doesn't always happen. This made me happy!


The new Luther Rose bracelet went well. I didn't sell out of them, but there were several people that bought them and commented on them. I was happy.


So, today I am doing laundry and preparing for our next trip, which is tomorrow. I am doing a show at Baptist East hospital in the morning, and then we leave for Peoria in the afternoon. We will be celebrating Rich's dad's 60th birthday. There is also a special service at the church Rich grew up in. We were sent an invitation because he is a son of the congregation that is a church worker. It should be nice.


In honor of the Heinz clan, I will be adding Rich's mom's famous cheese potatoes. I named them "Death by Potatoes" because all the things in them can kill ya! I never eat dessert there at the holidays, I just have a second helping of potatoes!


Death By Potatoes


1 32 oz. package of frozen hashbrowns

1 stick of butter

1 pound Velveeta Cheese

1 pint half and half

1 pkg. Shredded Cheddar Cheese


Thaw hashbrowns and spread in a 9x13 pan. Melt butter. Add Velveeta cheese and half and half. Pour over hashbrowns and let stand for 1 hour. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Death by potatoes- that's hysterical!! I make a similar potato dish, but it's the hashbrowns with a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of cream of chicken soup, a pint (!!) of sour cream and as much shredded cheese as your arteries can stand.

Thought you would get a kick out of knowing that Amy Hufford gave my daughter, Hannah, a Psalm 23 bracelet and two pairs of your earrings as a gift for her first communion. Hannah LOVED the bracelet and was so excited because the bracelet she wanted to wear was too small. She also loved the earrings, but, (don't tell Amy) she doesn't have pierced ears! However, she liked the earrings so much that she's thinking about getting them pierced....

Kristi Heinz said...

I make your recipe too. It is not as rich as the one I posted. It is so good, but these are out of this world!

I am glad that Hannah liked her jewelry! I am always proud to hear they have encouraged someone to get holes put into their ears
:0)