Monday, December 7, 2009

Chocolate Mint Dreams


I treid this one because my friend Melodee from college gave the suggestion. If you give me yours I will bake and post them too!

My only advice on this one is to not leave the dough in the fridge too long! It gets REALLY hard! They are yummy and I think they look pretty.


1 1/4 cup flour

1/2 tsp. soda

1/3 cup brown sugar

6 Tbsp. butter

1 Tbsp. water

1 cup chocolate chips

1 egg slightly beaten


In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda; set aside. In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and water. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Add chips and melt. Pour in a bowl to cool for 10 minutes. With a wooden spoon pour egg into chocolate and mix. Ad flour mixture and mix. Cover and chill one to two hours. Make into one inch balls and bake two inches apart for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.

Remove from the oven and place a candy cane Hershey's kiss in the middle and move to a rack to cool.

They are crunchy and yummy!

No comments: