Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Disney Christmas Trip Part II

For Maria, I am sitting down with my tea this morning to add part II of our trip! I really should be getting ready for work, but I am not motivated to go for another day of inventory! I have time....so here it goes.

Our second day was spent at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I would still rather call it MGM. The tree outside was cute. It was set in a movie reel tin with reels sitting out at the bottom.

As soon as we got in the door we headed for the new Toy Story Mania to get a Fast Pass. We heard that it was the hot ticket, and it was true. Next we were on a mission. For some reason, Ben's goal this trip was to get pictures with characters. We went and saw the Power Rangers and Prince Caspian. We then did our favorite, we went to learn to draw from a Disney animator. We drew Mickey again. Ben was quite disappointed, but it was still fun. The Bolt characters were there, which was fun.

Next we rode Toy Story Mania. I could have done that all day! We had lunch at the Prime Time 50's Cafe. It was fun and yummy. Davie and Rich got cupcakes for their birthdays! I enjoyed the dinning, but I wasn't fond of having to be somewhere at a certain time everyday. It cut into the schedule!

Next we went to get a spot for the Block Party parade. It was not worth it! I would not waste the time seeing it again. I would have rather gone and rode Toy Story again while the crowds were down.

We then went to hit the Star Wars ride. We walked right on. That was nice. Ben also got his picture taken with a storm trooper. He was excited. Then we were off to meet the Monster's Inc. characters.

We then went to see Fantasmic after some shopping. We missed it last time because it poured down raining. They usually don't cancel it, but had to that time. It was wonderful as usual. There was this man sitting in front of Ben and Davie, and all these ladies kept coming up and asking to take his picture. We couldn't figure out what was going on. I finally asked the group behind me. They were all from Brazil, and apparently he was, to quote them, "a Brazilian Superstar!" So there you go!

Our night ended with my favorite part of the day. We went to see the Osborne Spectacle of Lights. It was AMAZING! I have never seen so many lights in my life. Three streets were just covered, every inch, with lights. Then, every 15 minutes or so they put on a light show to music. I could have stood there all night.

The park closed at 9:00, so we then headed off to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. Davie ran into her pastor's wife while we there. We couldn't believe it! We bought some goodies and were finally off to bed for the night. It was a great day.

I will add pictures when I have more time.

No comments: